Full, “kissable” lips are often regarded as an aesthetically important feature on the face. Unfortunately some individuals have thin or ill-defined lips. Perhaps your lips have begun to lose their fullness or have developed fine lines and wrinkles with age. With recent developments in injectable fillers, lips can be enhanced quickly with minimal to no risk. The change can be subtle or dramatic. The lips can be made fuller or better defined. Since a variety of treatments are available, care is individualized to provide the best results for each person.
Injectable dermal fillers are the most common way to augment the lips. The fillers used usually contain substances similar to hyaluronic acid, a natural substance found in the body that increases lip volume. These fillers are often called hyaluronic acid fillers. They can improve the appearance of your lips by adding:
Hyaluronic acid fillers have many benefits, including:
- Control over lip volume. The amount of the filler injected can be controlled, so Dr. Julie E. E. Kupersmith MD can easily control how much lip volume is created.
- Gradual pace of treatment. The injections can be given gradually over several appointments until the desired look is achieved.
- Bumps dissolve easily. Any bumps created by movement of the lips can be easily dissolved.
- Less bruising. Hyaluronic acid fillers produce less bruising and swelling than other dermal fillers.
- Reasonably lasting results. The results are long lasting, but not permanent.
- Allergic reaction unlikely. They are unlikely to cause an allergic reaction because they are made from substances similar to those found in the body. However, if you are allergic to lidocaine, tell our cosmetic surgeon before treatment.
Please contact our office today to learn more about lip enhancement in New Rochelle, New York, and to schedule an appointment.