Overly large breasts can cause issues like health and emotional problems. Not only can overly large breasts cause self-image problems, they may also cause physical pain and discomfort. The weight of the excess breast tissues can impair your ability to live actively. If you are suffering from overly large breasts, ask Dr. Julie E. E. Kupersmith MD about breast reduction in New Rochelle, New York. Breast reduction, which is also known as reduction mammaplasty, removes excess breast fat, glandular tissue, and skin to achieve a breast size that is more proportional with your body. This procedure will also alleviate the discomfort associated with overly large breasts.
Breast reduction may be the right choice for you if you:
- Are healthy
- Have realistic expectations
- Don’t smoke
- Feel that your breasts are too large
- Have breasts that limit your physical activity
- Experience pain in the back, neck, and shoulders because of the weight of your breasts
- Have indentations in your shoulders from bra straps
- Have skin irritation beneath the breast crease
We welcome you to contact our office today to learn more about the benefits of breast reduction and to schedule a consultation with our cosmetic surgeon. We are excited to help you meet your goals!