After extreme weight loss, weight gain, or due to aging, skin on the upper arms can become inelastic, loose, and flabby. This condition cannot be corrected through exercise. An arm lift, or brachioplasty, can remove that excess skin and fat, leaving a shapelier arm. The procedure can be combined with liposuction for those patients who have a significant amount of excess fat on the arms as well.
An arm lift in New Rochelle, New York, is a surgical procedure that:
- Reduces sagging skin that droops downward
- Tightens and smoothes the underlying tissue that defines the shape of the arm
- Reduces localized pockets of fat in the upper arm
Dr. Julie E. E. Kupersmith MD may recommend an arm lift if you:
- Have significant laxity in the upper arms
- Are not significantly overweight
- Have a relatively stable weight
- Are healthy and do not have any medical conditions that impair healing or increase risk of surgery
- Do not smoke
- Have a positive outlook and realistic expectations
After your procedure, our cosmetic surgeon will instruct you on how to care for the surgical site and how to make your healing time as comfortable as possible. A compression garment will be worn to reduce swelling and speed recovery. Contact our office today for more information and to schedule an appointment.